Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thankful for His Presence

“Hosanna in the highest! Blessed is He! Who is that? It is Jesus.” (Matt 21) These were the sounds of the crowd as Jesus entered Jerusalem thousands of years ago. He entered on a donkey, not a white stallion. The crowd honored him with an entry fit for a King, throwing down their cloaks and palm leaves, but these same people would soon forsake him and demand that he be put to death on the Cross. Even his own disciples would deny him.
I know that Jesus paid it all, but do I live like I know this? I can only compare myself to the people in the crowd, shouting praises, but then depending on the circumstance, forsaking him? Turning my back away from His presence and reacting in the flesh, thinking that I have a better way. I tend to do this when I have become impatient. or really doubting His power. I am sure you have prayed a prayer and then if you didn’t get a timely response or change, you eventually took it (the struggle) on yourself. I can say the final outcome never works to my advantage. Afterwards, I always end up feeling defeated, tired, and not to mention helpless. I am then reminded of how much I need his PRESENCE, because I cannot live the life intended for me without Him. I guess I have decided that we cannot really change anyone or any circumstance, but we can SEEK HIS FACE, HIS PRESENCE, and BELIEVE. Have you ever felt that you only seemed to be praying for Blessings instead of just talking with the Lord (I know that the Bible says to ask and we shall receive, but you have to BELIEVE to RECEIVE, doubt is not believing Matt 21:22), but sometimes I find myself only asking, never talking or thanking or LISTENING. Do you ever just pray to be in HIS PRESENCE? As I sit here, I can only think why I would ask for anything more from Him? He died for me (for you), so that every sin I have (you have) and will ever commit has been paid for! I am covered by His Blood! So no matter how many times I turn from Him, He is always there when I decide to return. This is called unconditional love. If you are a parent you now understand unconditional love; a love not expecting anything in return, a love that is always present, and a love that only has good intentions in mind. This is the love our Heavenly Father has for us!
I am going to be honest; I had an “Ah Ha” moment this week. I realized that the feeling that I feel when I am in His presence (WHICH IS AMAZING, a feeling of empowerment, joy, peace, reassurance, loved…) in His Word studying, praying, and singing worship is that I never have to leave. I can always be in His presence! So as Easter Sunday quickly approaches, I am reminded of how thankful I am that He died for me, so that He can live in me, and I can ALWAYS be in His presence!!! My Heavenly Father, I want to thank you for the life of peace you have given me, free from guilt and sin. Thank you for sending your Son into this world, so that I not only have an example to live by, but for dying on the cross to pay it all! I am so grateful that I can be in your presence at all times and that you love me unconditionally. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
John 20:21 -22 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone of his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”
1 John 4:10 This is Love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
The Easter Story: Matthew 21-28, Mark 11-16, Luke 19:28-24, John 12

1 comment:

  1. I've given you a blog award! Check out my blog and follow along! Hope you are doing great! Your baby girl is just precious!

    ReplyDelete